Jewellery, like any subject, has its own terminology. This section contains a glossary of terms you may come across when researching platinum jewellery. Simply click on a letter to start your search.
A compound comprising two or more metals. In jewellery, precious metal is usually alloyed to make it more durable or harder. Platinum used in jewellery is usually 95% pure with the remaining 5% made up of iridium, palladium, ruthenium or cobalt.